- Indian Cooking
- Fried Snacks
1 cup Rice
2 cups Water
2 tsp. Cumin seeds
1-2 Bay Leaf
1 - 4"Cinnamon stick
1 Black Cardamom
1/2 tbsp. Ghee
Salt - to taste
1. Wash rice thoroughly and soak in water for about half an hour and then drain thoroughly.
2. In a pan, heat ghee then add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cardamom and cinnamon.
3. When cumin seeds sizzle, add the rice and add salt to taste.
4. Stir till ghee coats every grain of rice and it looks glossy.
5. Add water. Bring to a boil. Stir and reduce heat to minimum and cover the pan with a lid.
6. Rice will be done when holes appear on the surface and water has been completely absorbed.
7. Fork the rice out onto a serving dish to separate each grain out.
8. Serve hot Jeera Rice with curry.
Provide your feedback for Jeera Rice recipe page