- Indian Cooking
- Fried Snacks
3 cups Rice- cooked
3 - dried red chili
1/2 tsp - mustard seeds
1 tsp - channa daal
1 tbsp - raw peanuts
1 tbsp - cashews
1 tsp - urad daal
1/4 tsp - turmeric powder
1 tsp - ginger- minced
2 - green chili, finely chopped
1 sprig - curry leaves
2 tbsp - lemon/lime juice or to taste
5 springs - cilantro, for garnishing
pinch - asofoetida
salt- to taste
1 tbsp - oil
1. Mix Salt and Lemon Juice to the Rice. Mix well.
2. In a pan, heat oil.
3. Once hot, add in the Dried Whole Chili. Break the Chili into the oil for additional spicy flavor.
4. Add in the Mustard Seeds and let them pop and crackle.
5. Add i n the Channa Daal and cook for a minute.
6. Add in Raw Peanuts and cook for about 30 seconds.
7. Add in the cashews, urad daal, turmeric powder, asofoetida, ginger, green chilies and then curry leaves.
8. Add in the Rice and mix well but gently.
9. Keep on the flame till the rice is hot all the way through.
10. Garnish with Cilantro.
11. Lemon Rice is ready to be served.
Provide your feedback for Lemon Rice recipe page