- Indian Cooking
- Fried Snacks
1 cup Dhoodhi (Bitter Gourd) - Grated
1 cup besan(Gram) flour
1/2 cup Wheat flour
2-3 green chillies cut into fine pieces
1/2 tsp shreaded Ginger
1/4 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp garam masala
Pinch of haldi (tumeric)
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp sauff
1 tablespoon curd or leamon juice
Salt - to taste
2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp ENO or 1/4 TSP Soda bi carb
Dry shredded coconut to garnish
2 tbsp vegetable oil
3 TSP Sesame seeds
3 TSP Mustard seeds
A pinch hing
1. Squeeze the grated dhoodhi to take out water.
2. Mix the gram and the wheat flour with grated dhoodhi, add Salt, Ginger, Garlic, Sugar, Green Chillies, ENO, Red chilli powder, a little curd or lemon juice . Without adding water, knead the mixture into a dough.
3. From dough make round 6" long dough sticks
4. Sprinkle a little water on dough sticks and steam it using microwave or a cooker.
5. Once, cool, get muthia sticks out and cut in 1/2" thick round pieces.
6. Put oil in a pan. Add mustard and Sesame seeds. Once they start spluttering, add the cut pieces of the dough, dessicated coconut and then coriander leaves.
7. Serve Muthia with tomato sauce or chutney.
Provide your feedback for Muthia recipe page