- Indian Cooking
- Fried Snacks
1 pound small potatoes
1 cup Boiled onion paste
½ cup tomato puree
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp. Coriander powder
½ cup yogurt
2 tbsp khoya
1/2 tsp saffron ground in a tbsp of water
2 tbsp coriander (chopped)
1/2 bunch mint leaves (chopped)
2 tsp green chilies
2 tsp khuskhus seeds, dry roasted & ground to a paste
2 tsp cashew nuts, dry roasted & ground to a paste
3 tbsp oil
Salt - to taste
1. Peel, wash and prick potatoes with a fork. Deep fry in moderate hot oil until potatoes are golden brown in color. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Add Boiled Onion Paste and cook on a high flame, stirring continuously until onion paste changes color to light brown.
3. Add Cashewnut and khuskhus Paste , khoya ,beaten Curd/Yogurt and mix well.
4. Add Ginger Paste green chilies and Garlic Paste, stir for half a minute and then add red chili powder, coriander powder, and turmeric powder. Stir for a few seconds. Add tomato puree and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
5. Add 2 ½ cups of water. Bring it to a boil and add fried potatoes. Season with salt. Reduce flame and add Garam Masala Powder ,saffron,coriander, mint leaves.
6. Cook on Dum for ten minutes on a slow flame.
7. Dum Aloo is ready to be served.
Provide your feedback for Dum Aloo recipe page