- Indian Cooking
- Fried Snacks
1 cupRice flour
1/4 cup puffed gram (phutana or dalia) flour
1/2 tbsp. whole dalia
5-6 green chillies crushed
1/2 tbsp. coriander finely chopped
1 tsp. sesame seeds
10-12 peanuts coarsely crushed
1/2 tsp. red chilli powder
salt - to taste
2 tbsp. oil
oil for deep fry
1. Mix all ingredients, except (oil to deep fry).
2. Add very little water at a time, to make pliable dough.
3. Take 2 4"x4" squares of polythene.
4. Grease one side of each polythene.
5. Take small sized dough and shape it round.
6. Place on one sheet, greased side up.
7. Cover with other sheet, greased side down.
8. Press with a flat surface, like the bottom of a heavy steel container.
9. Pick up carefully and let into the hot oil.
10. Repeat for more and fry a few at a time.
11. Fry on low/medium heat. Till golden and crisp.
12. Nipattu is ready to be served.
Provide your feedback for Nipattu recipe page