- Indian Cooking
- Fried Snacks
Ingredients for Dal Samosa
2 cups - all purpose flour (maida)
1 cup - vegetable oil
1 pkt - haldiram's moong daal
For Masala :
1 tbs - red chilli powder
1 tbs - garam masala
1 tbs - coriander powder
1 tbs - amchur
Vegetable oil for frying
Salt - to taste
Method to make Dal Samosa
Preparation for Filling Mixture :
1. Grind the moong daal .
2. Take masala moong daal or take plain moong daal and add red chilli, coriander powder, garam masala and amchur powder in it.
Rest of the process:
1. Sieve all purpose flour, add salt.
2. Add vegetable oil (so that you can make bowls) and mix it very well.
3. Then add small quantity of water and make a smooth dough.
4. Make small round rolls with dough.
5. Roll it like chappati .
6. Cut it into 2 equal halves along the diameter.
7. Put small water along the diameter.
8. Join and press together to make a cone.
9. Place a tbsp of filling mixture in the cone and seal third side.
10. Make five to six. Put in hot oil, deep fry on low to medium till light brown.
11. Drain on rack or kitchen paper.
12. Serve Dal samosa with green chutney or ketchup.
Provide your feedback for Dal Samosa recipe page