- Indian Cooking
- Fried Snacks
2 lbs red tomatoes - cut into big pieces
6 to 7 cups - water
10 cloves - garlic
1 - big onion (sliced)
2 tbsp - butter
2 tbsp - flour
6 - bread slices (cut into cubes)
4 cubes - cheese (grated)
oil for deep frying
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp sugar
1 ½ tsp salt
1. Pressure cook the tomatoes with water, garlic and onion on a medium flame and take 3 whistles.
2. Cool it to room temperature.
3. Blend the tomatoes with a hand blender.
4. Strain the soup mashing the tomato mixture well.
5. Lightly heat butter in a non-stick vessel.
6. Add flour and saute on a low flame till pink in color.
7. Cool for few minutes.
8. Add the kept aside soup and stir continuously with another hand to avoid lumps.
9. Boil on a medium flame for few minutes.
10. Add salt, sugar and black pepper and mix it.
11. Deep fry the bread pieces in hot oil till golden.12. Serve hot tomato soup bread croutons and grated cheese
Provide your feedback for Tomato Soup recipe page