- Indian Cooking
- Fried Snacks
2 cups Gram flour (besan)
1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon Carom seeds (ajwain)
1 teaspoon Garam Masala
¼ cup Oil for frying
Salt - to taste
1. Take gram flour in a bowl. Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and carom seeds and mix.
2. Heat one fourth cup of oil and add it to the mixuture. Add sufficient water and knead into a stiff .
3. Leave the dough for half an hour.
4. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
5. Put some dough into a ganthia mould and press out ganthias directly into hot oil and deep fry till deep golden brown.
6. Drain and place on an absorbent paper.
7. Cool and Tekha Ganthia is ready to serve.
Provide your feedback for Tekha Ganthia recipe page