- Indian Cooking
- Fried Snacks
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon Carom(Ajwain)
Warm water for kneading
Ghee for cooking
1. Sieve the flour and salt together in bowl. Rub in the oil and add warm water gradually. Knead until smooth.
2. Cover and leave aside for 15- 20 minutes.
3. Knead again and divide the dough into 8 portions. Shape each into a round ball. Flatten a little.
4. Roll out each flattened ball into a 150 mm. (6") diameter circle. Cut into 50 mm. (2") strips lengthways. Place all the strips over the center one.
5. Roll like a Swiss roll. Press a little with your fingers. Pour 1 teaspoon of oil on each roll.
6. Take one roll at a time and roll it out into a round of about 125 mm. (5") diameter.
7. When you remove the round, place it on your palms and lightly press towards the center to show the layers clearly.
8. Heat the griddle(tava) and cook the rounds lightly on both sides. Apply ghee and serve Laccha Parantha hot.
Provide your feedback for Lachcha Parantha recipe page