- Indian Cooking
- Fried Snacks
4 medium Potatoes, boiled and mashed
4 medium Tomatoes, chopped
2 medium Onions, chopped
1 medium Green capsicum, chopped without seed
1/4 small Cauliflower, grated
1/4 cup Green peas, shelled
1 inch piece Ginger, chopped
8-10 cloves Garlic
3 tablespoons Oil
3-4 Green chillies, chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons Pav bhaji masala
Salt - to taste
3 tablespoons Butter
1/4 cup Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
2 Lemons cut in wedges
1. Boil green peas in salted
water till soft, drain, mash lightly and set aside and then grind ginger and garlic to
a fine paste.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add three fourth quantity of onions. Saute till they turn light brown. Add green chillies and ginger-garlic paste. Stir-fry for about half a minute.
3. Add half the quantity of tomatoes and cook on medium heat for three to four minutes, stirring continuously or till oil separates from the masala.
4. Add capsicum, mashed peas, cauliflower, potatoes and one and half cups of water. Bring it to a boil and simmer for ten minutes, pressing with back of the spoon a few times, till all the vegetables are completely mashed.
5. Add Pavbhaji Masala, salt and remaining tomatoes. Cook on medium heat for two minutes, keep stirring continuously.
6. Heat half of the butter in a thick-bottomed pan or a tawa. Slice pav horizontally into two and pan fry in butter for half a minute, pressing two or three times or till pav is crisp and light brown.
7. Garnish the bhaji with chopped coriander leaves, remaining butter and serve hot with pav. Accompany this with remaining chopped onion and lemon wedges.
Provide your feedback for Pav Bhaji recipe page