- Indian Cooking
- Fried Snacks
6-8 slices White bread preferably a day old
4 tablespoons Oil
a pinch Asafoetida
1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds
1 medium Onion , chopped
1 medium Potato, boiled and diced
1 medium Tomato diced
1 teaspoon Garam Masala
1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
1 teaspoon Lemon juice
2 Green chillies, chopped
2 tablespoon Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
1. Break the bread slices into smaller pieces.
2. Heat oil in a kadai or pan and add a pinch of asafoetida.
3. Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds. When the cumin seeds start changing color and mustard seeds
start crackling, add onion and saute. When the onion turns translucent, add diced potatoes and saute for 1.5 minutes.
4. Add turmeric powder and bread pieces. Mix and add red chilli powder and toss to mix well. Sprinkle some water and cook for two minutes.
5. Add lemon juice, green chillies and coriander leaves.
6. Bread Upma is ready to serve.
Provide your feedback for Bread Upma recipe page