- Indian Cooking
- Fried Snacks
Moong dal - 1 cup.
Zucchini - 2 nos diced.
onion - 1 medium
Tomato - 2 nos.
Green chillies - 3
Sambar powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Asafoetida - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Corriander leaves to garnish
1. Pressure cook moong dal till soft and set aside.
2. Chop onion, tomatoes. Slit green chillies. Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida, turmeric powder.
3. Add the chopped onion,green chillies and fry till transparent.
4.Then add the tomatoes and fry till it gets mushy. Stir in zucchini and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add sambar powder, fry for a minute. Sprinkle some water over this and let it cook till the zucchini is half cooked. Do not add more water or overcook zucchini.
6. Cook in medium heat. Add the cooked dal and mix well. Let it boil for another 4 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Provide your feedback for Zuchinni Dal recipe page