- Indian Cooking
- Fried Snacks
1/2 lb Pinto Beans
1 packet Tostada shells(flat round)
3-4 large finely chopped Tomatoes
2-3 finely chopped Green Bell Papers
1 finely chopped Large Onion
1 bowl full thick & chunky Salsa
1 packet Yellow Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
Garlic powder, Oil, Cumin Seeds (jeera), Salt
1. Wash & Soak Pinto beans for 3-4 hours & cook them in the pressure cooker.
2. In the same pressure cooker, mash boiled beans to the paste consistency . (not too thin, not too thick)
3. Heat beans on low flame, add salt & lots of garlic powder .
4. Heat 2 tablespoon of oil, add 2 tsp. jeera & when seeds splutter, add tadka to the beans.
5. Cover & let it cook for 10-15 minutes on the low flame.
6. Wash lettuce leaves & chop finely.
7. Roast Tostada shells in the oven for 1-2 minute each side. Be very careful as tostada shells burns quickly. Just roast them little brown on both side in your small toaster oven.
Making of Tostada-Taco
1. Put onions, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, cheese, bell peppers in bowls put everything in front of you.
2. Take one tostada shell. Spread large spoon full of hot beans over tostada.
3. Sprinkle cheese
4. Sprinkle Salsa, green bell peppers, tomatoes and onions.
5. Sprinkle Lettuce & cheese at last.
Now eat quickly before it gets soggy.
Provide your feedback for Tostada recipe page