- Indian Cooking
- Fried Snacks
Ingredients for Ragda Patti:
1 1/2 cup dehydrated white peas, soaked overnight
3 cup water (saved from the boiled peas)
1 tbsp. oil
3 green chillies
1 tbsp. chopped coriander
1/4 tsp. blacksalt
1/2 tsp. each pepper powder, turmeric, cumin powder and garam masala.
1 kg. potatoes
2 tablespoons cornflour
Salt - to taste
Grind the following for mixture:
1 cup chopped mint
1/4 cup chopped coriander
3-4 green chillies
1/2" piece ginger
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 teaspoon sugar
Salt - to taste
Oil for deep frying.
Method to make Ragda Patties
1. Wash and pressure cook peas in water till well done.
2. Cool 3 tbsp. peas for blend.
3. Blend together cooled peas, green chillies, mint, coriander
4. Heat oil, add paste. Fry for a minute.
5. Add dry masalas, fry further 2-3 minutes.
6. Add peas, water and bring to boil.
7. Simmer for 5-10 minutes to make thick gravy.
Method for Patti
1. Boil, peel and grate the potatoes.
2. Add the cornflour and salt and knead to a soft dough.
3. Divide into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
4. Roll out each each portion into a 75 mm. (3") diameter circle. Place a portion of the groiund filling mixture on one circle.
5. Bring together the edges in the centre to seal the filling inside the potato crust.
6. Repeat for the rest of the patties.
7. Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
1. Place 2-3 warmed patties in individual bowl, pour 2 tbsp. of hot ragda over it.
2. Sprinkle 1 tsp. tamarind chutney, 1/2 tsp green chutney, 2 tsp. curd.
3. Garnish with fine sev and chopped onion.
4. Hot Ragda Patties is ready to be served.
Provide your feedback for Ragda Patti recipe page