- Indian Cooking
- Fried Snacks
Ingredients for Malpua:
1 litre - milk (full cream)
6 heaped tbsp - plain flour
1 1/2 tbsp - ghee for frying each malpura
14 to 16 - pistachios (sliced, for garnishing)
6 - green cardamoms (peeled and powdered)
12 to 15 strands - saffron
1 1/2 cups - sugar
2 cups - water
Method to make Malpua:
1. Boil the water, add sugar, cardamom and saffron and keep boiling till the sugar syrup has one thread consistency, Keep aside this syrup on low hot temperature.
2. Boil the milk and simmer and continue boiling till the milk reduces to get the consistency of the rabdi.
3. Strain it and cool.
4. Take about 4 tbsp of the rabdi in a bowl, add one heaped tbsp of flour to it and mix well.
5. Lightly heat 1 1/2 tbsp ghee on a non-stick tawa and pour the rabdi mixture over it.
6. Spread it evenly in a circular form, make sure the malpua is not too thin.
7. Fry on a low flame, turning the malpua on both sides till it is golden in color.
8. Soak the prepared malpuas in the sugar syrup.
9. Serve hot Malpua garnished with pistachios.
Provide your feedback for Malpua recipe page