- Indian Cooking
- Fried Snacks
Ingredients to make Boondi Ladoo:
1 cup gram flour
1/2 cups sugar
1/4 tsp. cardamom powder
6-7 chopped almonds
Ghee or Oil to deep fry
Perforated flat spoon about 5" diameter
1 cup water
Method to make Boondi Ladoo:
1. Boil sugar and water together till the syrup becomes sticky between the fingers.
2. Keep aside the syrup, but keep warm for use.
3. Make batter with gram flour, which should not be too thin and not too tight.
4. Heat ghee in a cooking pan.
5. Hold perforated spoon a little above the hot ghee pan and pour batter in the spoon.
6. Tap very lightly at edge of perforated spoon to allow small droplets (boondi) to fall in the ghee.
7. Stir the boondis in the ghee gently and fry till crisp but not brown.
8.Drain boondi and put into the syrup.
9. Keep boondi for 15 minutes before taking out of the syrup.
10.Spread boondis on a wide plate, add cardamom and almond powder, then mix gently.
11.Make ladoo of desired size.
12. Delicious Boondi Ladoo is ready to be served.
Provide your feedback for Boondi Ladoo recipe page